06-Jan-2014 at 23:59 EST
- Apply Round
Contestants can apply.
- Round Start Date
- 18-Sep-2013 Midnight
- Round End Date
- 21-Feb-2014 Midnight
Contestants can apply.
- Update Applications*
- 18-Sep-2013 Midnight to 06-Jan-2014 Midnight
- 07-Jan-2014 Midnight to 21-Feb-2014 Midnight
Times are in EST (-0500)
Cupid's Cup 2014
Welcome, Cupid's Cup participants. If you have not logged in before, please click the REGISTER button and follow the instructions. If you have already registered, please log in using your e-mail address and password.
For the ninth year Kevin Plank, Founder & CEO of Under Armour, will partner with the University of Maryland's Robert H. Smith School of Business to host one of the nation's toughest business competitions. There's $115K on the line, and how does access to Kevin Plank's professional network sound? Apply by January 6, 2014. Visit our web site to learn more about Plank's story and commitment to entrepreneurship. The elegibility, timeline, prize breakdown and more is listed below. Don't miss the chance to pitch your business to Plank and other top judges.
Application Deadline: January 6, 2014
Semifinal Round: February 20, 2014 @ Under Armour Headquarters, Baltimore, MD
Final Competition: April 4, 2014 @ Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center, University of Maryland
Open to current students or young alumni 18 years and older:
- Student participants should be currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate at an accredited U.S. college or university
- Young alumni participants must have received their undergraduate or graduate degree between May 2011 and Dec. 2013 and started their business while enrolled as a student at an accredited U.S. college or university
- All applicants must have equal or majority equity stake in the company.
- The main participant/competitor must be available for travel to Maryland in both February and April (see above dates). The same individual must pitch at the semifinal round and final competition. Air and hotel expenses are booked and covered by the University of Maryland.
- The judges reserve the right to disqualify entries at their discretion.
Cupid's Cup is a national business competition. It is not a business plan competition. Applicants must demonstrate they have moved beyond the business plan stage.
- The business must be no more than five years old and must have acquired less than $500,000 in previous financing.
- The business must be a legal business entity that has generated at least $5,000 in revenue prior to January 6, 2014.
- If you do not meet this revenue requirement you must demonstrate the following proof of traction: 1) Your product is developed at a minimum version 1.0, meaning you have a working prototype. 2) In addition to version 1.0, you must have validated key assumptions about the model and target audience through metrics such as users, subscribers, customers, grant funding, clinical trials, pilots, or other justifiable metrics.
Do you have what it takes?
- Game Changer: How will the innovative product or service impact the market?
- Champion: Can you showcase your conviction, courage and hustle?
- Roster: How deep is your team, and their commitment to your business?
- Playbook: What's up your sleeve to guarantee your company outperforms the competition?
- Moneyball: How will the prize package propel your business to the next level?
- Game Day: What's your story, and how do you tell it?
- Overtime: What transformational connection can Kevin Plank make for your business?
Competition Prize Breakdown
Grand Prize: $75K
Second Prize: $20K
Third Place: $5K
Audience Choice: $5K